Dear Meals on Wheels Client:
Our plan is to keep making meals for you during this public health crisis surrounding Covid-19. Let me give you some information about what’s happening here at Meals on Wheels:
- We have food to make meals. We have staff to make meals.
- We have asked our volunteers to avoid gathering in large groups when they come to pick up your meals.
- Our kitchen staff sanitizes the meal delivery bags inside and out, including the handles, every day.
- Our kitchen staff uses industrial, food grade sanitizer and gloves in our kitchen when they prepare and serve food.
- We tell volunteers and staff to stay home if they are feeling sick.
- We only allow Meals on Wheels staff and essential personnel at our office.
- Our case managers will not do home visits for the next few weeks. Contact will be by telephone and letter only.
- We are in regular contact with public health officials and health care providers to make sure we are up to date on the latest precautions.
You can help us by:
- Avoiding all physical contact with our volunteers. No hugs, no handshakes, simply—no touching.
- Washing your hands with soap and water before getting the meal from your volunteer.
- Wipe down your doorknobs with a sanitizing solution every day.
If you are concerned about having someone come to your door. Please call the office and let us know. We will instruct the volunteer to leave your meal outside your door. HOWEVER, you will need to place a chair, table, or box there for us to put the meal on. We will not leave it on the ground. Our volunteers will want to know that you are ok. If you don’t want them coming in the house, we need you to come to the door or talk to the volunteer through the door.
At this time, we will stick to our daily delivery schedule. If we don’t have enough volunteers, we will develop a different schedule. Our goal will be to get you 5 meals each week, though they may not come every day.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the office at 610.691.1030.
In the meantime, please know that we are doing our best to keep you, and our volunteers healthy.
Victoria Coyle, CEO